Florence is an unforgettable city with a ton to do. Now you can spend a lot of money when visiting or un po ( a little). We’ve rounded up 15 Free Things To Do Florence. Oh and don’t worry it’s things you’ll actually want to do. Take it from someone who lived in Florence, you don’t need a ton of money to realize la vita è bella ( life is beautiful).
15 Free Things To Do Florence
1. Hike to the Piazzale Michelangelo and watch the sun set over Florence.
2.Have a picnic on one of the bridges over the Arno.
3. Explore the leather markets and catch up on your bargaining skills.
4. Sun bathe on the pop-up beach along the Arno river.
5. Take a hike to San Miniato for an incredible view of Florence minus the crowds.
6. Experience the local nightlife frenzy especially around Santo Spirito.
7. Walk the Ponte Vecchio and window shop the jewelry shops.
8. Marvel at the Ponte Vecchio from Santa Trinta.
9. Experience live music in a piazza or on the Ponte Vecchio.
10. Visit the San Miniato Al Monte which is free to the public.
11. Visit the Mercato Centrale and oh and ah at all the amazing food and produce vendors.
12. Marvel at the Duomo church itself is free to enter.
13. Take a free walking tour and learn about the history of Florence.
14. Visit Santa Maria Novella which houses pieces of Giotto and Masaccio.
15. Stroll the Arno river and smile because you’re in Florence.
La vita è un sogno – Life is a dream
Hi, I’m Jay. A twenty-something-year-old living in New York. There’s not all that much to say about me other than; I love to eat, drink and travel. I’ve lived in some incredible cities from Paris to New York to Florence, and along the way, I’ve crossed off a ton on my bucket list. I hope we inspire you to go out there and see for yourself, just how beautiful life can be.